JUST A HAMMER
- A CRITICAL PART OF THE 1911 EVOLUTION
- HEAT TREATMENT AND STEEL MILL TEST CERTIFICATIONS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
- EVERY SHIPPED ORDER WILL INCLUDE DOCUMENTATION OF MATERIALS AND HEAT TREATMENT
- SO PRECISELY MACHINED THAT NO MODIFICATION TO THE HAMMER IS REQUIRED TO ACHIEVE AN IDEAL TRIGGER PULL
- IMPROPER MODIFICATION TO THE ENGAGEMENT SURFACES OF THE HAMMER HOOKS MAY VOID WARRANTY
- NO FOREIGN SALES
- Cammer Technologies LLC reserves the right to make changes to any of its products without providing advance notification
Articles and Videos
CRITICAL THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Beware of the expression “Drop-In” when applied to 1911 parts
- The specifications and dimensions on many 1911 models today differ from the original
- These differences, even in quality guns, can affect function, fit and safety
- We recommend installation of our parts by a qualified pistolsmith
- Hammers and sears must be mated to achieve the best result
- We discourage installation of a Cammer Hammer without the mated sear
- To ensure the best result, install both our Cammer Hammer and Hard Sear
- Many sears available today are too long, well beyond Ordnance specs
- Installation of hammer strut pins should be done by pressing, not hammering
GRAPH ILLUSTRATING FORCE REQUIRED TO MOVE SLIDE REARWARD—
STANDARD VS. CAMMER
NOTE—INITIAL FORCE REQUIRED TO MOVE SLIDE REARWARD 2.5 MM FROM HAMMER DOWN CONDITION IS REDUCED BY 31% (FROM 21 POUNDS TO 14.5 POUNDS)
- Average recoil with the standard hammer equipped pistol measured 55.7 degrees rise.
- Average recoil with the CAMMER equipped pistol measured 51.3 degrees rise.
- The difference in measured recoil amounted to 4.4 degrees rise,
- 7.9% REDUCTION.
(Click Photos Below To Enlarge)
Cammer Technologies of Brookings, OR, brings you the “CAMMER”—A revolutionary hammer that far exceeds the performance of the Standard 1911 hammer presently available throughout the shooting industry.
- Enhanced geometry of hooks and strut pin location
- More refined and safer trigger pulls
- Easier racking
- Improved reliability in 9mm and .22 conversions
- Reduced muzzle flip in 1911s of all lengths
- Improved reliability and reduced bushing wear in Suppressed 1911s
**MATED SEAR NOW AVAILABLE FOR OUR CAMMER**
- A premium sear properly mated to our Cammer
- CNC machined from solid bar stock by EVOLUTION GUN WORKSTM
- Primary and secondary cuts already made to the engagement surfaces
- No special jigs or stoning required
- Shortens the work required of the custom pistol smith in producing the ideal trigger pull
- Made to U.S. Ordnance Department specifications for distance from the sear pin center to the tip of the engagement surface
- *NOTE* Many sears on the market are significantly over length in this critical dimension. This creates the potential for failure-to-consistently-engage the hammer’s full-cock hooks
- *CHECK YOUR SEAR BEFORE ANY HAMMER INSTALLATION!
- If the measurement from center of sear pin to the primary engagement surface exceeds .4045” YOUR SEAR IS TOO LONG!
- Please see U.S. Ordnance Department drawing below.
- A simple way to take this measurement is to insert the sear pin into the sear and measure from the outside of the pin to the top of the engagement surface. Subtract the radius of the pin (.05475”) and look for a number no greater than .4045”
- Available singly or in a combination kit with our Cammer Hammer