JUST A HAMMER
- Users of 1911 model pistols have long understood that unnecessarily high forces are required to move the slide rearward from a hammer down configuration.
- At the heart of this problem is a relatively short moment arm (distance from the hammer pivot axis to the point of contact with the firing pin retainer).
- At long last a solution to difficult racking of the slide is available to every 1911 shooter who may have hand strength issues or may face tactical conditions in which reliable racking can be compromised.
- Unlike hammers with a conventional flat face, the CAMMER provides the longest possible moment arm and thus the greatest mechanical advantage available.
- The lowering of initial force required to rack the slide is remarkable and must be experienced to appreciate.
CAMMER tested by ROCK ISLAND
After installing the Cammer Hammer in his personal 1911, Arnel Bernardo, Rock Island’s Master Gunsmith, wrote:
I tested a pistol with CAMMER HAMMER. Recoil reduced because the force on the hammer is on the upper and traditional hammer design is low. I normally blend FIRING PIN STOP on my custom gun to transfer the contact and the force will be high. The same logic as CAMMER HAMMER. I highly recommend this CAMMER HAMMER.
ARMSCOR PRECISION INTERNATIONAL
150 N. SMART WAY,
PAHRUMP, NV 89060
HOW THEY'RE MADE
- CNC Machined from solid 4140 by Mantis Precision Manufacturing, Inc., Brookings, OR.
- CNC Machined from solid 420 Stainless and by Evolution Gun Works, Quakertown, PA.
- Absolutely no Castings or Metal Injected Molding (MIM)!
- 4140 Heat Treated to R50-55.
- 420 Stainless Heat Treated to R50-55.
Gene Shuey (Shuey Custom) is now using Cammer Hammers
and our Full Ignition Kits in custom 1911s.
See Testimonials Page for Photos and Details.
Reduce the force required to rack your slide by as much as 31% while still using standard, full strength recoil springs and mainsprings—with the simple installation of the Cammer Hammer.
**For High-Performance and Competition shooters, achieve even greater benefits by installing our Complete Ignition Parts Kit. See lowered racking force, faster lock time, reduced muzzle flip and more refined trigger pulls. This collection represents the absolute finest of individual ignition components available in the industry.**
THE ORIGINAL SOFT-RACK, EASY-OPEN HAMMERTM
- Having reliability issues with your 9mm, 38 Super or .22 Conversion?
- Difficult to rack the slide on your .45 caliber 1911?
- Even harder when your hands are cold or wet?
- Want to reduce by as much as 31% the initial force required to rack your slide rearward?
- Want to reduce muzzle flip and felt recoil?
- Want to avoid the use of lower-strength recoil and main springs that may limit you to reduced-power ammo or compromise reliable ignition?
- Want to experience improved extraction and ejection?
- For your 1911 model pistol.
- Slight interference may be encountered between the Cammer (or any Commander-type hammer spur) and standard grip safeties; therefore, proper installation of a beavertail grip safety is recommended.
- Gunsmith installation recommended.
- CNC machined from bar stock (either 4140 or 420 Stainless--Specify When Ordering) and heat treated for rugged performance and dependability.
- Hammer hooks set at .020 for crisp trigger pull with your properly stoned sear.
- OR SEE OUR PROPERLY MATED SEAR MACHINED BY EVOLUTION GUN WORKSTM
- Total hammer weight reduced to 226 grains.
- Hammer individually priced at $98.
- Hammer and Sear Combo priced at $128.
- **SPECIAL PRICING AVAILABLE TO FFL HOLDERS/STOCKING DEALERS. CALL OR EMAIL FOR DETAILS**
MADE IN THE USA
AS PROFILED IN AMERICAN HANDGUNNER MAGAZINE MARCH/APRIL 2015
Shooting Industry Partners